Sunday 3 June 2012

Jubilee Shubilee, I'm staying home and eating cake!

Everyone has gone Jubilee crazy! Myself included. All that I have been hearing about for weeks is "What are your plans for the Jubilee weekend?". You almost felt as though you have to had to have something planned otherwise you will be frowned upon.

However, I have been looking forward to the celebrations, street parties and the whole build up to it all.Let's face it, it is a huge achievement for the queen of our country and the silver Jubilee was celebrated 35 years ago when I was born, so I especially wanted to do something this time around.

But then, the weekend began and it started to rain a bit. Then it rained some more. Then (excuse my French) it pissed down! Bank holiday weekends have such reputation for having crap weather and this was no exception. Cold, wet and miserable! My daughter made some flags and a crown at her nursery in preparation for this weekend and we were really looking forward to enjoying a day out.

Looks like we have to run the phase two or three back up plans, which is to stay in or go to a close-by friend/family/neighbours house if they are celebrating at home. I'm in front of the TV watching the queen about to board the boats on the river Thames and then it dawned on me. I get a better view of this day being at home than watching from any cold and wet river bank.My heating is on and I'm just about to put the kettle on too, to have some tea and Jubilee style gingerbread men that I got from Tesco's (I'm so classy lol).

If you decided to stay at home today too, I'm glad to hear it. Put the kettle on and raid the snack cupboard just like me or you may prefer to get cracking on your Jubilee style treats.

1. Jubilee style cupcakes
2. Jubilee cake
3. Jubilee biscuits

Enjoy your Jubilee weekend, whatever that you decide to you :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh Debbie we watched from home, the atmosphere was amazing outside was tempted to go and join them but it was cold and it started to rain so I watched the umbrellas go up from the warmth of my living room ;) It would have been such a nice weekend had the weather of been nice with the all the street parties and so on.
    Oh well nevermind, my house is getting a good seeing to instead!:))) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gems, thanks for your comment. Wow you seemed to have had the best view!
      I bet that you managed to get some good pictures.

      Delete